Home page logo
/

firewall-wizards logo Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Blocking Video/Audio Streaming
From: "Naveen Gowda" <Naveen.Gowda () symphonysv com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:11:17 +0530

Hi

You can to certain extent block the real time streaming traffic using
the match protocol feature in Cisco IOS. It matches real time streaming
and other peer to peer application using port 80. I have not tried it
though. If you do try it please let me know whether it works. The
feature is based on modular IOS structure , you can get it by searching
for configuration of policy map, class map in QOS.. And drop that
traffic.

Thanks,
Naveen B