Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Symantec Buys SecurityFocus, among others....
From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (martin f krafft)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:27:28 +0200

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

also sprach gdd () siliconinc net <gdd () siliconinc net> [2002.07.19.0142 +0200]:
A friend of mine already mirrored it. Im not sure as to how well it
turned out since I havent had a chance to look at it yet, but it=20
appears that everything is there.

Is he going to make it public?

A dump of whatever database its in would be a much nicer method
of doing this.

Word. Talk to the SF guys.

I can provide both the bandwidth and server space, but what would
the legal issues be with mirroring it? My lawyer wont even offer=20
any advice on this one.=20

As long as you don't change the pages and it's obvious that you
simply mirrored SF, no (i'd still talk to webmaster@). it becomes
legally problematic as soon as you pretend that this information is
yours, i.e. by deleting references to SF.

--=20
  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; net () madduck
 =20
beware of bugs in the above code;
i have only proved it correct, not tried it.
                                                    -- donald e. knuth

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB--

  By Date           By Thread