Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Security Update: [CSSA-2002-032.0] Linux: t emporary file races in libmm
From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (Stuart Thomas)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:14:06 +0100

------_=_NextPart_000_01C2389C.881D4B30

Is there a technical version of this Full-Disclosure list?, or
is this just the list for discussing the finer academic intricacies of
balanced arguments?

[Flame-Bate]

------_=_NextPart_000_01C2389C.881D4B30

From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham () dev InTechnology co uk>
To: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Security Update: [CSSA-2002-032.0] Linux: t
        emporary file races in libmm
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:27:20 +0100

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 13:24, John Cartwright wrote:
We believe that the vendor notifications are useful information. To
provide a viable alternative to other more commercial lists, we need to
extend our reach to as wide a range of people as possible. I have been
campaigning for vendors to submit content to us for this reason.

Personally I'd prefer the vendor notifications to be put on a parallel
list, because
        1. A flurry of 100s of one-man-and-their-dog Linux distributions
           announcing a security update obscures the real discussion
           (especially as each announcement is in its own thread).
        2. I already get (multiple) copies of this stuff.  Save the
           electrons, give me a chance to not duplicate to that extent.

[Damn, we're back to list meta discussions - this is the most
introspective list I have ever been on :-) ]

        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham () InTechnology co uk ]