Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Anonymous surfing my ass!
From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (hellNbak)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 23:31:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Berend-Jan Wever wrote:

Combine an incompetant programmer with a wanna-be incompetant researcher
and what do you get?  A stupid advisory.

First of all, you "hacked your way out of" Anonymizer.  Does this mean
that you paid for their service, then managed to surf without being
anonymous?  Or, you managed to get their pay service for free?

Either way doesn't point at a vulnerability that would expose ones
privacy.  Now if you were telling us that you are able to expose the
originating IP address of web requests coming from these services that
would be something.

Anonymous surfing websites are written by incompetend programmers keen on your money and not your privacy; I tested a
few of them and found them wanting:
- Anonymizer.com (I have hacked my way out of Anonymizer 4 times before and they still lack proper filtering!)
- The-cloak.com
- Megaproy.com
These were all the sites I found with google and could get acces to without registering, if you know some more, I'd
be happy to hack my way out of their filters.
I'd like to mention that all filter faults were found within minutes, just to show (off) how easy this was.

Vendor status: hereby informed of the issue.

Berend-Jan Wever aka SkyLined
http://spoor12.edup.tudelft.nl

PS. I'm going on a holiday, so I won't respond to any replies for about a week. Though luck!

--

"I don't intend to offend, I offend with my intent"

hellNbak () nmrc org
http://www.nmrc.org/~hellnbak