Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Beyond black, white, and grey: the Yellow Hat Hacker
From: hellNbak <hellnbak () nmrc org>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:11:22 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Ron DuFresne wrote:

Oh yes, it's very important to give these kids that sit in efnet #phrack
all day discussing the 'glorious' escapades of the DC snipers, or how they
can't wait for the next WTC terrorist fiasco to strike.  Giving them a
platform to further their rants about an industry that have never had an
interest in supporting because it limits their abilities to comit internet
mayhem has no merit.

Are you really nieve enough to fall prey to their shock tactics?  Come on,
hasn't Maryln Manson, and the WWE taught you anything -- the more shocking
and offensive you are the more people you will attract and the more
attention you will win.  Their rants -- when they are not trying to shock
people do have merit.  The security industry is falling into a horrible
state and I think its up to all of us who truly care about security to fix
it.  I am just unsure how, so I for one I am willin to put up with the
flames and the occassional shocks in order to hear others opinions and
points.

Of course Steve, you didn't ignore me when you made me one of the propose
speakers for you failed CSIC conference this year.  go ahead give these
lamers a platform, encourage them.  But, please do it off list, why do you
have to subject the whole list to these diatrabes?

The talk you proposed was good enough to get past *all* of the reviewers
(not just me).  So whats the issue with that?  Yeah the conference failed
due to many factors, poor planning, high costs, among a few.  Live and
learn.  The point is Ron, you are fueling the flame wars with these guys
with responses that are nothing but flames, why not try and hear the true
message that they are getting across -- its nothing new:
"The security industry is full of snake oil salesmen -- BEWARE".