Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Wiretap or Magic Lantern?
From: madsaxon <madsaxon () direcway com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:06:58 -0500

At 02:22 PM 4/7/2004 -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

And quite frankly, I'd rather worry about living in a world where there's still
a few terrorists on the loose than 5 years from now, not being able to get on
a plane because the first paragraph of my reply has flagged me as an "enemy
of the state" in some database.

The real irony is that no amount of privacy obliteration is going
to stamp out terrorism.  The end result will be a virtual police state
where getting onto public transport is just as dangerous, if not
more so, than it is now.  As Richard Forno points out in his book
"Weapons of Mass Delusion," in many ways the terrorists have already
won.

m5x