Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Network Sniffing
From: Scott Renna <srenna () vdbmusic com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:57:00 -0500

dsniff
and...um...the old classic, tcpdump
you could also check out idabench, pretty good and free

Danny wrote:
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:39:02 -0500, Crehan, Joe (EM, ITS, Contractor)
<joe.crehan () ge com> wrote:

Gentleman,
I have been having all kinds of quirky network problems at one of my
facilities.  I always used SnifferPro to identify "top talkers" and babbling
machines.
Now that I work for "The Hive" I am no longer allowed to purchase licenses
for such wonderful products.
So the question is more of a poll of what the "best of the best" use for
there networks. M$ and *NIX cheap and free.

ntop. Ethereal.

...D

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html