Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: Cipher Tool
From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne () winternet com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:12:42 -0600 (CST)

And the reasons that sending the file through an encrypted tunnel, like
scp/ssh is?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, richard capistrano wrote:

Hello,

We are looking for a tool that can actually cipher or hash a particular portion of a file so that it will not display
the particular field of a file. This will be applied to the file so that when it travels the network, the
confidential field in the file is not displayed in clear text. Due to performance issues, we can not simply hash the
whole file.

Is there a freeware or software or information, I can check out? Thanks in advance.

--
"Sometimes you get the blues because your baby leaves you. Sometimes you get'em
'cause she comes back." --B.B. King

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.