Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Re: Cool Web Search
From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:13:02 -0500

Jack, the new variants are not so obvious to detect. They contain hidden
processes or rootkits. Sooner or later they will start to use ADS (alternate
data stream) points to hide.

Anyone can track down anything with a registry snapshot. Do a registry
snapshot and then install your "spyware" and then you will see every key.
But what good is that if you have to clean more than one computer.

We are all computer people - fixing one computer is easy but could take 4
hours - not very helpful on a mass scale. We pay for point and click, why
shouldn't we get it?  ;)