Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Public Review of OIS Security Vulnerability Reporting and Response Guidelines
From: Nigel Stepp <stepp () atistar net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 07:28:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 rsh () idirect com wrote:

To add to the 'Nobody trusts the OIS or its motives', I have to state
that those NOT in the US object strenuously to anyone in the US
unilaterally legislating anything that impacts a system used
world-wide, when the 'safety' being legislated is to the benefit of
the US over the rest of the world's concerns.  US court rulings in
the area of the Internet, copyright, email privacy, and individual
privacy rights tend to go against the views and rulings in the rest
of the world, making us leery of any US centric legislation, much
less unilateral laws on 'Internet Safety' or security.

I have to add that many IN the US feel the same way.

R.S. (Bob) Heuman         -         Toronto, ON, Canada
        Independent Computer Security Consulting
    Web Site Auditing for Compliance with Standards
<rsh () idirect com>        or        <rheuman () rogers com>
                    Copyright retained.
               My opinions - no one else's...
   If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!

--
:wq