Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re[2]: Another IE trick (Re: IE sucks : sun java virtual machine insecure tmp file creation)
From: 3APA3A <3APA3A () security nnov ru>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 20:41:58 +0400

Dear Eric Paynter,

Yes,  it's  possible  and I always recommend to deny execution in user's
profile   and  home  directory.  But  HTML  file  doesn't  need  execute
permission  to  open.  Of  cause, in this case then trojan gets executed
it's  harder  to  infect  system,  but it's still possible to steal some
information.

--Friday, July 9, 2004, 8:26:23 PM, you wrote to full-disclosure () lists netsys com:

EP> On Fri, July 9, 2004 7:43 am, http-equiv () excite com said:
There are lots of little .tmp files generated and accessible
remotely to be had, Adobe *.pdf's and  a vast array of Microsoft
Office 2003 crud to name just two. Many others which have been
identified and discussed in the past as well.

--
~/ZARAZA
Ñóùåñòâóþ ëèøü ÿ ñàì, íèêóäà íå ëåòÿ. (Ëåì)