Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Is Mozilla's "patch" enough?
From: Aviv Raff <avivra () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:58:57 +0200

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:34:44 +0200, Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de> wrote:
* Aviv Raff:

Security patches shouldn't be overridden unless intended too (i.e
uninstalled).

This is not standard industry practice.  Especially if a patch might
break previously working configuration, I completely agree that it's
correct.

That's why there should be a way to uninstall the patch, as I wrote.

For most people, having a working system is more important than having
a secure system.

I agree.