Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Comparison of Network Security Scanners
From: Christopher Blume <godsmoke () godsmoke com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:55:21 -0400

Exactly -- how can we trust a test where the company that conducted it, and therefor designed the test is the product that won. Now, of the vendor tests I've seen conducted by a competitor, this one seemed pretty honest (Nessus scored very high). However, they didn't test Retina 5 -- which from what I hear is supposed to be a very big improvement. When I get ahold of it, I'd be happy to run some tests against Nessus.

Thank You,
Christopher Blume

Anders B Jansson wrote:

And to everyones surprise their own product came out on top!

Wow, it has to be good, film at 11

// anders

Alexander wrote:

Hi all!

Comparison of Network Security Scanners:

http://www.maxpatrol.com/pd_cmp2.asp

In this survey the following products were tested:
1    IS - Internet Scanner 7.0    Internet Security Systems
http://www.iss.net
2    LG - LanGuard 3.2    GFI
http://www.gfi.com
3    Ns - Nessus 2.0.6    Renaud Deraison<
http://www.nessus.org
4    NR - NetRecon 3.6    Symantec
http://www.symantec.com
5    Rt - Retina 4.9.97    eEye Digital Security
http://www.eeye.com
6    MP - MaxPatrol 7.0    Positive Technologies
http://www.maxpatrol.com

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html