Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: IE
From: Richard Silver <richard.silver () eamc org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:52:44 -0500

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 15:07, Leif Sawyer wrote:
On Mon, July 19, 2004, Eric Paynter replied to:
nicolas vigier, whom said:

Not to mention all the vendors out there whose products have
assinine restrictions, because they can't be bothered to code
portable web-apps.

Think Cisco, for one.

I personally think that _EVERYBODY_ with a CCO contract should
open up a TAC case complaining that X-application (website,
RME, VMS, etc..) doesn't work with a W3C-Standards Compliant
browser, nor with latest-bug-fixed JREs.

I've already got mine open, but of course "Use I.E. or some
old version of Netscape Navigator, and an old JRE!" is the
typical response.   They need a lot more prodding to keep their
security platform up-to-date with security standards.

I have been griping to my Cisco sales team for years (being an Ex-Cisco
SE myself) about the dismal support for any browser but IE. I could dump
IE entirely were it not for my Call Manager.

At least it seems that some of the products that they acquired that were
initially cross-platform usually remain fairly browser-agnostic.

--
Richard Silver