Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: viruses being sent to this list
From: Dave Horsfall <dave () horsfall org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:03:51 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Paul Schmehl wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty close to my recollection.  I thought it ironic that
this list -- a security list -- is populated by some infected idiots,
but there you go.

Why leap to that conclusion?  There are two more plausible possibilities.
1) Viruses are sending mail to the list address.

They'd have to forge a member's address as well.

2) Malicious individuals are sending viruses to the list.

That is also possible.

Why is it that people on this list, *in general*, tend to always assume the
worst of others in every situation?

Because I'd take stupidity over malice any day; it's much more abundant.

-- Dave