Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Windows 2000 Forensics ...
From: "Staves, Steve" <SStaves () mail canfor ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:49:22 -0800

From the every day experts out there - What is the best
application/combination of applications to use to periodically test W2K
servers for flaws, weaknesses, security etc?  I am currently using mbsacli
v1.2 which works to a point in giving me information for in scanning 190
servers, this takes forever to run, especially since some of our links are
slow.

I downloaded Sunbelts Network Security Inspector (SNSI) but I am not sure I
like how it works - Again too much network traffic required.  Does anyone
have scripts etc that they can share to automate the collection of mbsa
reports?  I do have the batchscan.js and rollup.js files and they work quite
well but it is the collection of the data that impedes the process.

  By Date           By Thread