Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: laptop security
From: Cedric Blancher <blancher () cartel-securite fr>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 16:14:54 +0100

Le lun 01/03/2004 à 11:13, David Hajek a écrit :
Its a minute job to take out hdd from any laptop even it is protected
with GPS device. If we're talking about loss of information due to
laptop thefts and we want to prevent it we have
to assure that data on the disk are encrypted.

An intermediate solution could be HDD password locking. Password is
check within HDD embeded controler so remains even if drive is mounted
on another system. To get rid of it, you bearly have to reflash
controler or change electronics.

Encrypted volumes remains to me the best solution, and it is quite easy
to achieve.

--
http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE