Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Comcast using IPS to protect the Internet from their home user clients?
From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:33:05 -0600

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 23:17, Aditya, ALD [Aditya Lalit Deshmukh] wrote:
if you are routing all your scans from a vpn and the vpn connections
are encrypted as they always are then is impossible that the scan are
triggering some kind of signatures. i think while they *might* have a
ids installed and working, they also might be filtering based on the
traffic thresholds ...

Dear Aditya,

I am NOW routing the scans through a VPN so that they are not blocked by
Comcast. When I noticed that something was going on, I was scanning from
my Cable IP. Once I realized that something seems fishy, I started to
tunnel all attack traffic, with the reported results.

Regards,
Frank

  By Date           By Thread