Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Comcast using IPS to protect the Internet from their home user clients?
From: "Exibar" <exibar () thelair com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:27:04 -0500

As long as ComCast specifically states what they are filtering beforehand,
when and why they cut the user off after the fact, then I wouldn't have a
problem, that way the user could make an informed judgment call as to
whether or not to keep them as a provider.

   ComCast isn't known to communicate very well.  I've heard of cases where
they cut people off for downloading too much, without telling them how much
is too much, etc etc.

  Perhaps censorship was too strong of a word.  If they advertise "unlimited
internet access for $49.95" then then better damn well provide "unlimited
internet access" and any restrictions plainly and distinctly posted so the
consumer can make an educated choice.

  Ex