Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Malware added to transmissions
From: Paul <onestepto () yahoo com au>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 05:11:55 +1100 (EST)

Thanks to those who've expressed an opinion on the possibility of malware being added to a transmission in transit.

I didn't really have email in mind so a plain text interception/manipulation would not be required.  My query really
centres on whether a data stream (such as a media file) being downloaded could be tainted by a compromised node so that
the receiver gets an unwanted 'bonus'.  With veriviable files checksums should prevent this but what of files that do
not have checksums?

one step at a time...