Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Malware added in transit
From: Paul <onestepto () yahoo com au>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:37:09 +1100 (EST)

[Hmmmm.  Interesting concept, but unlikely.
(Maybe if you were clearer about the
definition of a node?)  I can't recall anything
that actually did this.  Happy99 and
PrettyPark did something similar, but really just
creating a followup to the original
(innocent) message.  It's unlikely you'd find
something that would/could infect a
router to perform this kind of action.  Not
impossible, but unlikely.]

By node I am thinking moe of any server the file may travel through rather than a router.  And my theoretical question
is more concerned with downloaded files (such as media files) than email.

Thus, if a web site provides a clean media file for download, can it become tainted by travelling through a compromised
server?

one step at a time...