Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Administrivia
From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne () winternet com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:54:11 -0600 (CST)

        [SNIP]

but *I* prefer to be in the recipient list if I have joined in on the
discussion, it is clearly a discussion I am interested in or felt like
chiming in on. I have filters... they filter... they filter differently
if I am a named to or cc... discussions I am participating in by default
float to my attention.

Agreed.  Rude is not a one size fits all scenario.  There are reasons,
especially in moderated forums whence threads might well be dropped mid
discusion as wel that a cc: might be in order.  But, I also prefer to be
singled out for those threads I've taken to participate in.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
        ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.