Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: pgp passphrase
From: Jim Richardson <warlock () eskimo com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:33:30 -0800

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 03:29:56PM -0800, Blue Boar wrote:
Jim Richardson wrote:

Key won't do them much good if they don't have my passphrase :)
cant the key be bruteforced in some kind of distributed fashion ? like
spam sending bot we could also have key brute forcing bots ....
dunno, I'd be willing to listen to evidence that it could, but put it
pretty low down on the list of things to worry about.

No need, the worm would steal the passphrase while it was running on your host.

                                        BB

I would be interested to see how it would accomplish that.

--
"I worry that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up
something else."

  By Date           By Thread