Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: User Insecurity
From: Dave Horsfall <dave () horsfall org>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:52:06 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 gadgeteer () elegantinnovations org wrote:

OTOH, I learned the theory behind the design of the various systems that
comprise an automobile and got some hands on experience rebuilding
engines in high school auto shop.  While I do not pretend to have the
working skills and knowledge to actually diagnose and repair a modern
auto I do have domain-specific knowledge which allows me to make
informed judgements of my mechanic's abilities by engaging him in
conversation regarding mechanics.

I find if I keep my tie on, they tend to bullshit me (and are surprised
when I point out the error of their ways), but if I take my tie off before
seeing them I get a straight answer.

YMMV.

-- Dave