Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Mailing lists and unsolicited/malicious spam
From: devis <devis () easynix net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 01:24:20 +0100

You might want to read some docs before posting non-sense.
Lets encrypt it....my lord nobody ever thought of that....I am quite sure everybody will love it to be that simple....unfortunately its not.
Reading this will make you realise why: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc821.html

ML are targetted, they always have been. That is why there are such things as moderated mailing lists, yes even FD. Note that the 'noise' is what keeps moderators busy, more than any spam or malware mails. If you are afraid to have your address harvested ( which is probably done already ), then u shouldn't have subscribed to this list from a 'valuable' mail account. Its pretty much basics, security wise.