Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Evidence Mounts that the Vote Was Hacked
From: Matt.Carpenter () alticor com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:48:05 -0500

The counting systems mentioned in the article (where the votes from
different counties are tabulated) have nothing to do with
direct-user-contact.

Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote on 11/11/2004 02:22:18 PM:

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:37:28 EST, Matt.Carpenter () alticor com said:

todays hacker community.  But the realities are that we are paranoid
enough
to watch access to said systems to avoid at least 99% of local hacking,
eliminating that from feasibility.

We are?

At least some of the machines used had active wireless on them - and I'm
pretty sure that they were *not* on the lookout for somebody out in the
parking lot (or *inside* the next building over) with a laptop and
a Pringle's can.

And how, pray tell, do you get "paranoid enough to watch access" to mean
*anything* when we allow the hacker *physical* *access* *AND* be
unsupervised
due to the design of the polling booth?

[attachment "attk5prp.dat" deleted by Matt Carpenter/IT/Alticor]