Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Google Desktop Search
From: James Tucker <jftucker () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:19:49 +0100

Although I do not use the accounts described (yahoo, aim, hotmail), I
have just today installed the dekstop search on a lab machine. It
takes no genius to see exactly what is going on here.

I have to ask, what on earth do you think those tick box options were
when you installed it?

Google Desktop search indexes the following information (all available
to turn on or off as an option):

Outlook email
Outlook Express email
AOL IM  Word
Excel
PowerPoint
Text and other
Web history
Include secure pages (HTTPS) in web history

The latter of which being the one which produced the behavior described.

RTFM!