mailing list archives
Advisory: Design flaw in human communication
From: Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij () vanderkooij org>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:30:05 +0200 (CEST)
I would like to point out a design flaw in human communication. The bug is
shown rather clearly on this list lately but manifests itself in the
- Heated discussion which are completely irrelevant to the context of the
- Oneliners put in front of a long message in the vain hope it will stop
the thread while it only copies it.
To the best of my knowledge this flaw was not present in the original Mk I
model human but was introduced to the Mk I model in a futile attempt to
improve the Mk I model.
- Copy the behaviour of the only known Mk II model which had none of the
flaws introduced into the Mk I model
- Rebuild of the Mk I series is planned but no rebuild date is yet given.
- This flaw is not by design.
- This flaw is but one of many known flaws to have been introduced to the
Mk I model.
I hate duplicates. Just reply to the relevant mailinglist.
hvdkooij () vanderkooij org http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
Don't meddle in the affairs of magicians,
for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
- Advisory: Design flaw in human communication Hugo van der Kooij (Oct 22)