Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Advisory: Design flaw in human communication
From: "Jason Coombs PivX Solutions" <jasonc () science org>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:10:20 +0000 GMT

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
I would like to point out a design
flaw in human communication.

What you describe is an implementation bug, not a design flaw.

FD'ers in particular also appear to have a Reply To All defect whereby every thought that enters one's head while
reading FD is compulsively sent to the entire list rather than to the individuals who may find the thoughts interesting
and relevant, despite those thoughts being off-topic.

OT posts would be valuable to the tone and context of any list provided that we could patch every mail client to remove
the Reply To All feature.

Shall we leave FD unmoderated with respect to any post that does not have 'Re:' as the first three letters of its
Subject line, but moderate all replies?