Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Cain and Abel
From: Piw <piw () e-liberty pl>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:51:50 +0100

Nick Vasiliev wrote:

> I have tried to set up static arp mappings on my system however the
> new ones overwrote the old ones. Also I am not sure but does it also
> screw with switch's arp tables or just the client ones? Any feedback
> would be nice

Yes, such attack re-map port<->mac pair in "plain" switches.
Static arp entries are _static_ (unchangable) for Linux.
For Windows, Windows XP is first MS system that treat static as real static - in previous versions "static" means that is times-out not so often (but could be changed)
For other OSes? dunno.

Piw