Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Homograph attack fools Internet Explorer to o
From: "Randal, Phil" <prandal () herefordshire gov uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:08:05 -0000

Simple - using Verign's plugin from http://www.idnnow.com/index.jsp
results in:

http://www.rebee.clara.net/images/ie-idn.jpg

Phil
----
Phil Randal
Network Engineer
Herefordshire Council
Hereford, UK

-----Original Message-----
From: full-disclosure-bounces () lists netsys com
[mailto:full-disclosure-bounces () lists netsys com] On Behalf
Of Kevin Connolly
Sent: 09 February 2005 11:20
To: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: [Full-disclosure] Homograph attack fools Internet
Explorer too

I though that I should warn you all that unfortunately
Internet Explorer is not safe from this attack.

No details until after Microsoft has been contacted and I
have introduced some anti-phishing precautions for the
domains I manage.

Kevin
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html