Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Homograph attack fools (older versions of) Internet Explorer too
From: Kevin Connolly <kmc () eircom net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:29:16 +0100

Use of Unicode codes in the href fools older versions of IE when it parses
the hostname part.

Obviously this has been fixed in a previous patch (my bad for not checking with
a fully patched machine first! )

NOT vulnerable  IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.040919-1003C0
vulnerable      IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633

I may get around to writing up the details but it is not urgent now that
I know that fully patched IE is not vulnerable to this.

Kevin