Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Libpcap versus WINPcap
From: "Taylor, Stephen" <STEPHEN.TAYLOR () saic com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:00:23 -0500

Does anyone have experience with libpcap versus WINPcap from a performance
standpoint?  I don't have packet numbers but I don't want to drop any.  I
know how to use libpcap without the tcp/ip stack but how about WINPcap?
Since it is a protocol I don't think it works the same way.  Does any know
of any other Windows solutions for logging all the traffic (except video) on
a network.  I may have to recommend Windows over Linux to my client, if the
performance is ok.
Steve Taylor