Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: D-Link DSL routers authentication bypass
From: Luis Peralta <atarasco () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 12:22:19 +0200

On 5/19/05, Francesco Orro <francesco.orro () akhela com> wrote:
====================== SUMMARY ========================

  Title: D-Link DSL routers authentication bypass
  Date: 19 May 2005
  Author: Francesco Orro <francesco.orro 4t akhela.com>

=================== DISCLOSURE HISTORY =====================

 2 May 2005 - First private release of this advisory;
 4 May 2005 - The vendor (D-Link Mediterraneo S.r.l.) has been informed
  of the vulnerability;
 5 May 2005 - The vendor replid that the problem was resolved on
  firmware version V1.00B02T02.EU.20040610, but has been
  demostrated that this version is vulnerable too;
19 May 2005 - Public release of this advisory.

Hi,

 I notified D-Link (soporte () dlink es) about this issue (I only checked
it on G604T models) on April 11th. The bug does not only allow to
download the configuration file, but to completely trojanize the
device by means of custom firmware uploading. I gave D-Link a two
month grace period to fix the issue.

 Regards,
--
Luis Peralta