Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MailEnable W3C Logging Remote Buffer Overflow Proof of Concept
From: advisory () wirecom org
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:34:38 -0700 (PDT)

“We will patch you even if you want it or not ? :D”
 First and foremost, This POC was designed for use network administrators
on their own network. We never intended this to be converted into a bot
and spread. I can’t see how a bot that systematically disables its
victims would spread that well anyway. We are attempting to facilitate
the previously tedious job of patching multiple machines on a given
network. Only those with malicious intent should find annoyance in this
advisory.