Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

http://prdelka.blackart.org.uk/paperz/VAstacksmash.txt
From: Micheal Turner <wh1t3h4t3 () yahoo co uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:14:32 +0100 (BST)

Linux kernel recently incorporated a protection which
randomizes the stack making exploitation of
stack based overflows more difficult. I present here
an attack which works on exploiting static
addresses in Linux. You should be familiar with
standard stack smashing before attempting this
paper.

Thank you.