Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: New (19.10.05) MS-IE Url Spoofing bug (byK-Gen)
From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:15:30 +1300

Jake Cole to me:

In "Billy's" defense, this is expected in most
JavaScript-enabled browsers.

"expected" and "most" don't quite tie up.  Is it "expected" or not?

Are theer javascript-enabled browsers where it doesn't work?  If so, in
what truly meaningful sense is this "expected" behaviour?  (See another
recent post where I explain what happens in Mozilla 1.0.7 on my
machine...)

Here's a Firefox version:
<<snip>>

Hmmmm -- a "Firefox version"??

Suggests that it is not quite entirely "expected", eh?

More that it is a corner case, or perhaps, even -- gasp -- undefined,
no??

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald