Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Gary McKinnon
From: "Dixon, Wayne" <wcdixo () aurora lib il us>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:14:33 -0500

In relation to Gary McKinnon, what happened to the good old days when
companies wanted you to help them secure their stuff?  When did
everybody who tries to do a port scan become a hacker?  I mean, yes
there is such as thing social responsibility But geez, every time
somebody tries to exploit something on my webserver, I don't go after
them and try and prosecute them.  Yes, I realize this case involves the
United States Military, but we have bigger fish to fry here.  Did he
give away intelligence secrets?  If not, then who the heck cares?

That's my thought anyway.

Webguy.