Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Secunia illegal spam and advisory republication
From: n3td3v <n3td3v () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:32:19 +0100

On 4/20/06, Morning Wood <se_cur_ity () hotmail com> wrote:
Since you are hellbent on leather here... your oh so loved Securityfocus /
Bugtraq
does the same thing. Many of my own advisories are put on Bugtraq without me
submitting directly. I guess http://www.osvdb.org is just as guilty? Perhaps
Milw0rm too?

No, Mlw0rm tells you who discovered the vulnerability, as do other
sites. Although Secunia tell you it was all their work. I bet you
would be pretty pissed if you post one of your XSS or SQL injection,
and it appears on the Secunia website the next day saying "Secunia
FOUND". They are using the URL to get away with it and claim its their
advisory as soon as its post to FD. Folks like HP advisories put a
copyright notice at the bottom, but Secunia come along and reword the
advisory and everything without persmisson. This isn't about just copy
and pasting an advisory from a list and putting it on a website, this
is about rewording and taking credit for other peoples work.