Home page logo

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Who Do I Contact?
From: Sol Invictus <sol () haveyoubeentested org>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 07:23:48 -0400

"If the vendor refuses to act upon the news of the vulnerability, then Full Disclosure is in order." (don't release the numbers of course but release a generic statement that "this" universtity is not secure.

Send a copy of the email to the University. Might want to include their local TV news as well. You'd be surprised how the alumni will react to get that fixed.

In order to give them one more shot you may wish to tell them on which date it will be publically released.

CrYpTiC MauleR wrote:

If there is a security hole in a site of an educational institute that exposes social security numbers and they have 
not fixed it even when told about it. Who can be contacted to get it done? Department of Education? If so anyone know a 
phone number I can call? Btw this is in the USA.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/

  By Date           By Thread  

Current thread:
[ Nmap | Sec Tools | Mailing Lists | Site News | About/Contact | Advertising | Privacy ]