Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Proxy Detection
From: "Justin Terry" <jdterry84 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:31:31 -0500

Hello List!

I am a long time reader,  first time poster, and everything like that.

I use a proxy service that runs in my system tray, (the onion router, and
privoxy, in conjunction) and when i use this software, everything works
great. When i go to www.whatismyipaddress.com however, it tells me that a
proxy server is detected.

How is it possible for them to detect that i am using a proxy?

(also, sometimes it can detect that i am using a proxy, and other times it
can not, although i use the same software all the time.)

Thanks in advance guys!