Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Who Do I Contact?
From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:44:00 -0500

--On April 23, 2006 1:48:16 PM -0500 CrYpTiC MauleR <crypticmauler () linuxmail org> wrote:

Wouldn't it matter on which state? I know California for instance has
strict laws about telling public of breaches, but not sure about other
states. I will be calling the Attorney General of the the school's state
tomorrow so should have a good answer.

California's law affects any school that enrolls students from California that *might* have been affected by a data breach. What's the chances that a large school has zero students from California?

I missed the first part of this lovely conversation, but I gather the IT department was non-responsive? Does the school have a computer security department? If so, have you contact them?

Feel free to contact me privately if you prefer.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member