Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: n3td3v group calls on RSA to clarify their stance
From: "Scott T. Cameron" <scameron () routehero com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 08:44:31 -0500

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 05:34:20AM +0100, n3td3v wrote:
No one actually knows how RSA are carrying out their database attacks yet,
hence the reason I called for clarity on the issue. But I really am suspect
about the exact technical setup of the attacks that the RSA are carrying out
against fake logins and their databases. Theres no way however they could
carry out world wide attacks on hundreds of fake login targets, without the
use of more than one ip host. And whats the definition of a bot network,
isn't it more than one computer used to send data? In which case you would
need to define the RSA as using a bot network to send their fake raw data to
fake world wide phishing targets. And if they are, is it ok for everyone
else to join in. No I didn't say I had a botnet, and I didn't say I was
attacking anything, all I asked was for RSA to clarify their stance, to make
it clear that its ok or not ok for everyone to join in the attacks they
recommended via the Cnet news article as  a good method to beat phishers.

You realize ARIN assigns blocks of IPs, right?  In various parts of North America?  Then you have RIPE for your
precious UK.

I would be completely overwhelmed if RSA had more than a /30 from their provider.  That is unfathomable.