Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Should I Be Worried?
From: <0x80 () hush ai>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:52:49 -0700

If you didnt break the law who cares.

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:30:02 -0700 CrYpTiC MauleR
<crypticmauler () linuxmail org> wrote:
After reading http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11389 it made me
think twice about actually going public with my school's security
hole by having school notify students, parents and/or faculty at
risk due to it.

I mean I didnt access any records, just knew that it was possible
for someone to access my account or anyone elses. I did not even
exploit the hole to steal, modify etc any records. Does this still

put me in the same boat at the USC guy? If so I am really not
wanting to butt heads with the school in case they try to turn
around and bite the hand that tried to help them. Even if my
intentions were good, they might even make something up saying I
accessed entire database or something. I have nothing to prove me
otherwise since they have access to the logs. Already it seems
like the school is trying to sweep the incident under the rug, so
very wary as to what they might do if they were pushed into a
corner and forced to go public. Anyone has any idea what I can do
or should I just let this slide? I am already putting my credit
report and such on fraud alert just in case, and definelty do not
plan on attending this school after my degree or school year is
over. A transfer is better than having me risk my data.

Regards,
CM