Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Exploit for MS06-040 Out?
From: Ivan Arce <ivan.arce () coresecurity com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:54:16 -0300

That "one other tool" would be Core IMPACT (I guess it's ok to talk about
commercial security tools on this list, right?)

Anyway, we made our MS06-040 exploit available to all of our customers
within a few hours of the patch release. It is not a PoC but a
commercial-grade exploit that has been documented and QA tested before being
shipped to all our customers.

It works against Win2k and NT4 (still working on XP/win2k3) over port
139/tcp and 445/tcp, it supports DCE and SMB fragmentation and NTLM/LANMAN
authentication.

-ivan

Joris Evers wrote:
Mehta was referring to a proof-of-concept exploit that is available for
Canvas and at least one other tool.