Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: WMF round-up, updates and de-mystification
From: InfoSecBOFH <infosecbofh () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:45:41 -0800

None whatsoever because there are line ups of n00bs like n3td3v
begging to take SANS courses.

On 1/5/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 04:15:27 PST, InfoSecBOFH said:

"I did it because SANS said so..."  Yes sans is always right and L0pht
was a bunch of blackhats too.......

So tell me - how much money does SANS make if they lose their reputation
as being right on security?  Seems like they have a vested interest in
being right, at least a high percentage of the time....

Or look at it another way - between SANS and Microsoft, which one is more
likely to be straight-up and honest regarding a security issue?