Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Session data pollution vulnerabilities inweb applications
From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:30:25 -0600

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 19:18 +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
  Yes he is.  He's polluting sanitized data with tainted data.  It's a
fairly reasonable description if you ask me.

I didn't see any sanitized data. It's a POST input, not something clean
and trusted.

  NO!  You've /completely/ failed to understand the post.

  The underlying issue is not that the user-supplied data is trusted,
because it isn't, it gets validated.

Where did that happen? I haven't seen a validation in his example.

 The _underlying_ issue is that the
*same* location is used to store both trusted and non-trusted data, and
there's no way for the application to know which kind of data was last
stored in that location.

You're not telling me that $_POST['login'] is trusted data, are you?

-Frank

--
against your ports.