Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Secure Delete for Windows
From: "J.A. Terranson" <measl () mfn org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:31:40 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, 0x7f wrote:

not everything is open source you know :-P

its not like that its an exploit or something.

And the user is supposed to know this...how?

it seems suddenly after this n3td0rk shit, everyone starts
his own little flame wars over nothing. calm down
people i didnt want to offend anyone with this release.
my god if you dont have anything usefull to say, then
why dont you stfu.

(1) I do have something "useful to say".  The exact same thing every other
security conscious person is saying:

No source?  An exe?  Baaaaaddddd newwwwwssssss....

Publicly released "tools" are only safely released through open source
(or, "full disclosure" if you prefer).  Without source, it's you who
should be taking a turn at stfu.

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin () mfn org
0xBD4A95BF

'The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments
it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest
limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of
the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext
whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the
brink of destruction.'

St. George Tucker