Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: ZoneAlarm phones home
From: "Dave Korn" <davek_throwaway () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:39:22 -0000

Ivan . wrote:
  Without seeing the content of these packets, I don't see how
Cringely can claim to know whether there's anything spyware or not
about it.

It should be up to zonealarm to prove that it isn't spyware, don't you
think?

  Have you stopped beating your wife yet?  (It should be up to *you* to
_prove_ that you don't beat her, don't you think?)

  Once you've done that, prove you've stopped beating your dad too.

  Then prove you no longer molest penguins in dark alleyways late at night.

  BTW, can you prove you aren't a thief?

Shouldn't they do everything they can to alley the fears of
their customers?

  No.  I don't believe there is a duty on anyone to respond to the
fabrications and fantasies of liars, kooks and delusional confabulators.
These people are making massive claims with zero evidence.  The burden of
proof lies on the accuser.

    cheers,
       DaveK