Home page logo
/

fulldisclosure logo Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Vuln
From: "Chris Kuethe" <chris.kuethe () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 14:20:16 -0600

On 10/15/06, Pink Hat <pinkhat.h4x0r () gmail com> wrote:
I didn't know those were mutually exclusive.  Thats like asking your
mom is she is a slut or a whore.  Aren't they one and the same?

As I said to Pink Hat: "One's freeware, the other is payware."

The more I think about it, the more it's like software licensing:
- some encourage you to share
- some permit you to create derivative works
- some have viral licenses
- some licenses have severable clauses
- there's the whole issue of market penetration
- showing off the patent may cause you to pay for the product

There's more, but I'll leave them for someone else.

CK